About LIFE Groups
We believe one of the best ways to grow deeper in your knowledge of God and love for Him is by being deeply connected to the people of God. At Hope one of the ways we do this is through our LIFE Groups. LIFE stands for Love, Instruction, Fellowship, and Evangelism. These values are foundational in building a small group community that grows deeper in the Lord and with one another.
Our LIFE groups meet in homes or at the church on various nights throughout the week. We have LIFE groups for just about everyone. We’d like to help you find the right LIFE group for you. If we don’t have the right one for you, then we’ll try to start a new group. Steve is our Family and Community Life Pastor and would be happy to help you find the group you need. You may reach Steve by clicking the button below.
LIFE Group Opportunities
The list below summarizes the LIFE groups offered for this ministry year (Sept. 2020 – August 2021.). New groups may be added throughout the year.
Click on the underlined group name below for more details. If you would like more information about joining the group you may contact the group leader directly or feel free to e-mail Steve to help you get connected.
- James: This group is open to everyone and will be studying the book of James in a discussion format using a video series by Francis Chan. This meeting happens in Billerica on Saturdays from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Christianity Explored: This group is open to everyone and will be going through the Gospel of Mark with a video format followed by discussions of life’s biggest questions while discovering more about Jesus. The meeting will be in a home in Arlington every other week on a weeknight.
- 2 John, 3 John and 1 Peter: This group is open to everyone and is studying the book of 2 and 3 John and then moving onto 1 Peter in a discussion format. This meeting, suitable for both new and mature Christians, will be hosted via Zoom the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- The Bible Project: This group is open to everyone and is studying the “Church at Home” Series by the Bible Project. The meetings will begin by Zoom and may start to meet in person in the months ahead. The group will meet every other week. Meeting day/time will be determined by the group members choosing from the following: Sundays at 4 p.m., Wednesdays at 7 p.m., or Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- Family On Mission: This group is open to everyone and meets every Monday evening from 7 to 8:30 p.m. for Bible study. Saturday morning outreach activities are also scheduled periodically..
- 1 Peter: This group is open to families with young children and is studying the book of 1 Peter in a discussion format. Child care is provided. This meeting will be hosted at Hope every other Sunday afternoon after the worship service from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Twelve Extraordinary Women of the Bible: This group is open to women and young ladies 16 and up and is studying the named book by John MacArthur. The ladies will meet Saturday mornings at Hope from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.
- night LIFE: This group is open to college-aged young adults and meets every Sunday night (with possibly pausing during college breaks) for a sermon, worship in song, small group discussion, and prayer. The group meets at Hope from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- Ephesians Group 1: This group is open to post college-aged young adults and will be studying the book of Ephesians in a discussion format. This meeting will be on Monday evenings in Stoneham every other week from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Ephesians Group 2: This group is open to post college-aged young adults and is studying the book of Ephesians in a discussion format. This meeting will join together on Thursday evenings every other week in Winchester from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.