About the Ministry
The vision of our children’s ministry is to teach kids to love Jesus, to love God’s Word, and to love others!
9 a.m. – Sunday Morning Bible Study
We usually offer weekly Bible study classes on Sunday morning for children of all ages at 9:00 a.m. However, there will be no 9:00 a.m. Bible study classes for the Fall 2020 semester.
10:30 a.m. – Nursery and Children’s Church
Due to social distancing we offer a limited capacity Nursery (birth to 3 years) and Children’s Church (PreK to 5th grade) during the worship service at 10:30 am. To make sure we have room please sign-up your children each week when you register to attend the service. The Nursery is open for drop-off 10-minutes before the service begins. Older children, PreK to 5th grade, will stay with their parents for the first 20 minutes or so as we worship the Lord together in song. Kids ages PreK through grade 5 are then dismissed to Children’s Church for the remainder of the service. Children’s Church begins with a 10-minute large group opening session including music and a lesson introduction. Children then split up into 3 classes: Pre-K to K, 1st to 3rd grade, and 4th to 5th grade. In class kids will experience a Bible lesson, craft activity, and games. After the service parents pick up children at their classroom.
We also have two rooms available with screens to watch the service. Nursing moms and families with small children are welcome to use these spaces as needed.
First Time Visitors
If your children are visiting for the first time you can indicate that on your registration form. Also, plan to arrive about 10-minutes early so we can meet you and show your children the classrooms. Please let us know any special needs or allergies. We will also show you where you need to pick your children up after the service.
What We Are Studying
Parents can check back here to find updates on what we are studying in Sunday Morning Bible Study Classes and Children’s Church.
- 9 a.m. Sunday Morning Bible Study – Coming in Spring 2021
“Digging into The Heart of God” – This study teaches kids about specific character attributes of God as they study through the Bible. They will discover what it means to reflect the heart of God in their own lives as they learn to walk with Him. Kids will likewise learn some basic personal Bible study skills as they study the Bible stories together.
- 10:30 a.m. Children’s Church – Fall 2020
“The Gospel Project” – This curriculum offers a comprehensive survey of both the Old and New Testaments over a 3-year period. Each lesson reinforces the greater narrative of the Bible to reveal God’s plan of salvation through His Son Jesus. Over the summer we just finished the Old Testament and in Fall 2020 are beginning the New Testament study with the series: Jesus the Messiah and Jesus the Servant.
Other Fun Children’s Ministry Opportunities Throughout the Year
Below are things that we like to do each year. Because of social distancing we don’t have anything on the calendar quite yet but check back here often for updates. When an activity is scheduled it will be linked to an event page.
- Kids’ Night Out – Usually held three weeks before Christmas and Easter, Kid’s Night Out gives kids PreK to 5th grade an evening of pizza, Bible stories, games, crafts, and music! Friends are welcome and parents can enjoy a date night!
- Zoo Trip – Family trip to Stone Zoo and a picnic lunch together afterwards!
- Bounce House Event – Sometimes they are set-up on the field behind our building and we enjoy an outdoor picnic, other times we hang out at Monkey Joe’s in Danvers!
- Family Game Night – Uno, Connect Four, Monopoly and more! This is a fun night for the whole family at the church. Bring your favorite board game or party game and we provide the snacks!
- Sports & Arts Camp – Most years we hold a one week camp for children ages 3 to 12 at Ambrose Elementary School. Kids have a great time learning either a sport (soccer, running, or basketball) or participating in an art class with new projects each day!
COVID-19 – Fall Semester 2020 Children’s Ministry Update/Procedures
- Class sizes are limited in capacity, please register your children each week by 5pm on Friday. You will be notified by Saturday at Noon to confirm attendance.
- Due to close proximity, when dismissed to Children’s Church and during pick-up, children, parents, and workers are asked to wear face coverings during these transition times.
- When children arrive, adult leaders will help children to sit spaced out for social distancing.
- Nursery workers will wear face coverings at all times.
- When children are seated and 6-feet apart face coverings are optional. If any classroom activities bring children closer than 6-feet, teachers will have students put on their face coverings.
- When teachers assist children with activities that require them to be closer than 6-feet from the children, then face coverings shall be worn.
- During pick-up, parents will wait in the multi-function room spaced apart and children will be dismissed as they arrive.
- Parents and kids will exit using the back stairwell and parking lot door.