About the Ministry
The vision of our children’s ministry is to teach kids to love Jesus, to love God’s Word, and to love others!
9am and 11am – Nursery and Children’s Church
We no longer require pre-registration to attend our services. However, since Nursery space is limited please e-mail Pastor Steve below if you plan on bringing children to the nursery. This will allow us to manage our capacity.
We are offer a Nursery and Childrens Church program during both services. The Nursery is open for drop-off 10-minutes before the service begins. Older children, PreK to 5th grade, will stay with their parents in the sanctuary for the first 20-minutes of the service for announcements and singing praise and worship together. Kids ages PreK through 5th grade are then dismissed to Children’s Church located in our large multi-function room downstairs.
Children’s Church begins with music and a large group lesson. Kids are then split up into age-graded small groups for activities, crafts, and games. After the service parents pick up children in the multi-function room.
We have several rooms adjacent to the sanctuary available with screens to watch the service. Nursing moms and families with small children are welcome to use these spaces as needed.
First Time Visitors
If your children are visiting for the first time please reach out and let us know by e-mailing Pastor Steve below. You are welcome to arrive about 10-minutes early so we can meet you and show your children the classrooms. Please let us know any special needs or allergies. We will also show you where you need to pick your children up after the service.
What We Are Studying
- 9am and 11am Children’s Church
“The Gospel Project” – This curriculum offers a comprehensive survey of both the Old and New Testaments over a 3-year period. Each lesson reinforces the greater narrative of the Bible to reveal God’s plan of salvation through His Son Jesus. Our current lesson series is in the New Testament series: Jesus the Savior and The Mission Begins.
Our children’s church lessons are recorded each week to share with our families worshiping at home. Let us know if you would like to be on our weekly children’s church e-mail to get the link to the video and other resources.
Other Fun Children’s Ministry Opportunities Throughout the Year
Below are things that we like to do each year. Because of social distancing we don’t have anything on the calendar quite yet but check back here often for updates. When an activity is scheduled it will be linked to an event page.
- Kids’ Night Out – Usually held three weeks before Christmas and Easter, Kid’s Night Out gives kids PreK to 5th grade an evening of pizza, Bible stories, games, crafts, and music! Friends are welcome and parents can enjoy a date night!
- Zoo Trip – Family trip to Stone Zoo and a picnic lunch together afterwards!
- Bounce House Event – Sometimes they are set-up on the field behind our building and we enjoy an outdoor picnic, other times we hang out at Monkey Joe’s in Danvers!
- Family Game Night – Uno, Connect Four, Monopoly and more! This is a fun night for the whole family at the church. Bring your favorite board game or party game and we provide the snacks!
- Sports & Arts Camp – Most years we hold a one week camp for children ages 3 to 12 at Ambrose Elementary School. Kids have a great time learning either a sport (soccer, running, or basketball) or participating in an art class with new projects each day!
If you have any questions about our Children’s Ministry please e-mail Pastor Steve:
Children’s Ministry COVID-19 Procedures
- Please use the symptom and close contact criteria found on our Worship Service Information page to determine if your child should attend: Worship Service Information
- Everyone shall wear face coverings at all times. Exceptions include:
- Children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old face coverings shall be at the discretion of the parent.
- Children under the age of 2 should not wear a face covering
- Anyone with a medical exemption. If you or your child have a medical exemption please notify us prior to attending.
- When children arrive, adult leaders will help children to sit spaced out for social distancing.
- During pick-up, parents will wait in the multi-function room spaced apart and children will be dismissed as they arrive.