ABOUT THE MINISTRY
The mission of our student ministry is to glorify God by developing youth to be disciples of Jesus Christ. Our primary goal is to effectively inspire and equip students to live a life of Reaching Up, Reaching In, and Reaching Out through Jesus Christ.
We usually offer weekly Bible study classes on Sunday morning at 9 AM for youth but there will be no Sunday School offered for this Fall 2020 semester.
Students, both middle school (MS) and high school (HS), gather each week on Friday evenings for youth group (YG)! It’s a time of games, food, fun, discussion, learning, worship in song, prayer and Biblical teaching. Click on the Email icon below to contact HCC with your questions.
Fall Semester 2020 Youth Group -Weekly Schedule – Friday’s @ 7 PM
Friday Night Youth Group Schedule:
- Parent Drop Off (MS & HS): 7:00 PM
- Start Time/Game Time (MS & HS): 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM
- Worship in Song (MS & HS): 7:50 PM – 8:05 PM
- Bible Study/Discussion: 8:10 PM – 9:15 PM (we split up MS and HS)
- Co-Ed Large Group Bible Study Lesson: 8:10 PM – 8:25 PM
- Boys and Girls Small Group Discussion/Prayer: 8:30 PM – 9:15 PM
- Co-Ed Large Group Interactive Bible Study: 8:10 PM – 8:55 PM
- Small Groups (~3 per group) Discussion/Prayer: 9;00 PM – 9:15 PM
- Parent Pick Up (MS & HS): 9:15 PM
- “Afters” Hangout Time (HS – OPTIONAL): 9;15 PM – 10:15 PM
- During this time our Student Leader team prepares a group activity for our HS students (sometimes it’s just hanging out and talking, other times we will play a game, and other times we will have an extended time of worship in song)
Fall Semester 2020 Youth Group -Teaching Schedule
COVID-19 – Fall Semester 2020 Youth Group Update/ Procedures
We are all excited to be able to continue meeting in person and to now do so combined middle school (MS) and high school (HS) once again! With that said, it is very important that we are all on the same page as far as expectations and execution so that we can continue to do so. There are members of our group that are immunocompromised (or have family members that are), others that have interactions with the elderly, as well as others that are more cautious in their response. We want to make sure that everyone is safe/feels welcomed and we do not want to exclude anyone from meeting with us in person (although there is a Zoom option for those that aren’t comfortable meeting in person!). So, at a minimum, it is on this basis that we have put in place the below guidelines/ procedures for Friday night youth group:
- There will be a Zoom option for the Bible study/discussion portion of the evening (beginning around 8:10 PM for both MS and HS) for students who would prefer not to attend in person
- If you are interested in attending via Zoom, please notify me either via email or cell phone (781-568-0905) so that I can arrange for this with the adult leaders – I have an alarm set on my phone to start the Zoom meeting but please call me if your meeting hasn’t been started
- We will be meeting indoors in the sanctuary for the combined time of games and worship in song. Middle school will be going downstairs to the multi-function room for their Bible study/discussion time as high school will remain in the sanctuary. As we will be remaining socially distanced masks will be optional.
- We must maintain social distance at all times including pre and post youth group
- There will be both a passive and active “game/activity” option
- Active Game/Activity: There will be hula-hoops upstairs on the floor in between the rows in the sanctuary – when you enter the sanctuary at the start of the program please go directly to a hula-hoop
- Passive Game/Activity: There will be tables set up downstairs at the rear of the multifunction room – when you enter the multifunction room at the start of the program please go directly to a chair
- We will be following the same indoor guidelines as Sunday morning services (if we are singing – masks will be required for that portion of the evening) – you can refer to “The Worship Service Registration Page” for the baseline guidelines followed by the church across all events
- All games played will be played in a socially distant manner (we are getting creative with this!)
- There will be individually bagged “snack packs” (they were a hit at the movie night during the summer!) in order to avoid mass gathering around snacks/beverages
- Both the overview lesson and discussion groups will have chairs already set up in a socially distanced manner