About the Ministry
The vision of our children’s ministry is to teach kids to love Jesus, to love God’s Word, and to love others!
9:00 a.m. Sunday Morning: Discipleship Classes
Beginning on Sunday September 26th we will resume Sunday morning Discipleship Classes for both children and adults. Children’s classes include:
- Nursery: Birth to age 3.5 years.
- PreK to 2nd Grade: Kids will be learning from a lesson series called: Knowing God through Creation. Attributes of God are discovered as kids walk through the days of Creation. Continuing through the account of Genesis 3 kids see God’s great plan to send a Savior to rescue us from sin, and learn this is is fulfilled in Jesus.
- 3rd to 5th Grade: Kids will be learning from a lesson series called Foundations of Faith. They will dig into the essential truths of what it means to have a relationship with Jesus. Kids will see how the Bible reveals who God is, who we are, our need for a Savior, and how to live as a follower of Jesus.
These classes wrap up around 10:00 a.m. Afterwards enjoy some coffee and donuts and time to meet or catch up with others in the Multi-purpose room.
10:30 a.m. Sunday Morning: Nursery and Children’s Church
We offer a Nursery and Children’s Church program during the worship service. When you arrive one of our Welcome Team Members will help you check-in your children in the lobby. The Nursery is open for drop-off 10-minutes before the service begins. Older children, PreK to 5th grade, will stay with their parents in the sanctuary for the first 20-minutes of the service for announcements and singing praise and worship together. Kids PreK through 5th grade are then dismissed to Children’s Church located in our large multi-function room downstairs.
Children’s Church begins with music and a large group review of the previous week’s lesson.. Kids are then split up into age-graded classes for a Bible lesson, activities, crafts, and games. After the service parents pick up children at their classroom.
We have several rooms adjacent to the sanctuary available with screens to watch the service. Nursing moms and families with small children are welcome to use these spaces as needed.
First Time Visitors
If your children are visiting for the first time please reach out and let us know by e-mailing Pastor Steve below. You are welcome to arrive about 10-minutes early so we can meet you and show you and your children the classrooms. Please let us know of any special needs or allergies.
What We Are Studying
- Children’s Church
“The Gospel Project” – This curriculum offers a comprehensive survey of both the Old and New Testaments over a 3-year period. Each lesson reinforces the greater story of the Bible to reveal God’s plan of salvation through His Son Jesus. Our current lesson series is in the New Testament: All Things New. This includes lessons from the second half of Acts, Paul’s letters, and the book of Revelation. See the schedule below:
Kids are sent home with a lesson summary page for parents to review with them during the week. Let us know if you would like to be on our monthly children’s church e-mail to for home discipleship resources.
Other Fun Children’s Ministry Opportunities Throughout the Year
Below are things that we like to do each year. When an activity is scheduled it will be underlined and linked to an event page.
- Kids’ Night Out – A fun night at the church for kids PreK to 5th grade to enjoy: a Bible story, games, crafts, and music! Friends are welcome and parents can enjoy a date night!
- Cookies & Carols – Join us for a fun outside event on the field next to the church. Kids and parents decorate cookies, play Christmas themed games, enjoy hot chocolate, and as a group we sing Christmas Carols together.
- Zoo Trip – Family trip to the Franklin or Stone Zoo and a picnic lunch together afterward!
- Bounce House Event – Sometimes we hold this on the field behind our building and have an outdoor picnic, at other times we hang out at Monkey Joe’s in Danvers!
- Family Game Night – Uno, Connect Four, Monopoly, and more! This is a fun night for the whole family at the church. Bring your favorite board game or party game and we provide the snacks!
- Sports & Arts Camp – Most years we hold a one-week camp for children ages 3 to 12 at Ambrose Elementary School. Kids have a great time learning either a sport (soccer, running, or basketball) or participating in an art class with new projects each day!
Below are resources for parents and Children’s Ministry Volunteers:
If you have any questions about our Children’s Ministry please e-mail Pastor Steve:
Children’s Ministry COVID-19 Procedures
- As of August 19, 2021 the Town of Winchester has implemented an indoor face covering mandate. This requires children 2-years old and older to wear face coverings.