About the Ministry
The vision of our children’s ministry is to teach kids to love Jesus, to love God’s Word, and to love others!
9:00 a.m. Sunday Morning: Discipleship Classes
These classes are offered during the fall and spring semester and take a break during the summer months. For December 2023, 9am classes will not meet on Sunday 12/24 and 12/31. Children’s classes include:
- Nursery: Birth to age 3.5 years. Please let us know if you are coming for the 9a.m.hour so we can have enough workers. Send an email to Pastor Steve below.
- PreK to 2nd Grade: Kids are learning from a curriculum called, “Come Follow Jesus”. In this class kids receive a notebook which they add lessons to each week. Lesson series include understanding the gospel, fruit of the Spirit, prayer, and how to live for Jesus. Kids work together to memorize Scripture, learn how to read the Bible, and learn songs to reinforce Bible truths.
- 3rd to 6th Grade: Kids are learning from “The Big Book of Questions and Answers” by Sinclair Ferguson. This workbook presents common questions organized by themes that help kids to understand what it means to grow in a relationship with Jesus and be part of the church. The sections selected for this calendar year reflect the following: Becoming Like Jesus (The Beatitudes), Obeying God (The Ten Commandments), How the Bible Helps Us, Learning to Pray, Belonging to the Church, and Jesus Will Come Back.
- Kid’s Choir: Once a month through the Fall and Spring semester kids combine classes and join our 6th to 7th graders for Kid’s Choir. Kid’s Choir practice is from 9:30 to 10a.m. on the following Sunday mornings in Classroom #1: Oct. 1 & 29, Nov. 19, Dec. 10. Kid’s Choir will sing in the service on Sunday, 12/17.
These classes wrap up around 10:00 a.m. Afterwards enjoy some coffee and donuts and time to meet or catch up with others in the Multifunction room.
10:30 a.m. Sunday Morning: Nursery and Children’s Church
We offer a Nursery and Children’s Church program during the worship service. When you arrive one of our Welcome Team Members will help you check-in your children in the lobby. The Nursery is open for drop-off 10-minutes before the service begins. Older children, PreK to 6th grade, will stay with their parents in the sanctuary for the first 20-minutes of the service for the welcome and singing praise and worship together. Kids PreK through 6th grade are then welcome to attend Children’s Church located in our large multifunction room downstairs.
Children’s Church begins with music and a large group review of the previous week’s lesson. Kids are then split up into age-graded classes for a Bible lesson, activities, crafts, and games. After the service parents pick up children at their classroom.
Our current classes include:
- PreK to K – Classroom 1
- 1st to 3rd – Classroom 2
- 4th to 6th – Multifunction Room
We have several rooms adjacent to the sanctuary available with screens to watch the service. Nursing moms and families with small children are welcome to use these spaces as needed.
First Time Visitors
If your children are visiting for the first time please reach out and let us know by e-mailing Pastor Steve below. You are welcome to arrive about 10-minutes early so we can meet you and show you and your children the classrooms. Please let us know of any special needs or allergies.
What We Are Studying
- Children’s Church
“The Gospel Project” – This curriculum offers a comprehensive survey of both the Old and New Testaments over a 3-year period. Each lesson reinforces the greater story of the Bible to reveal God’s plan of salvation through His Son Jesus. Below is our lesson schedule for Winter 2023 – 2024:
Kids are sent home with a lesson summary page for parents to review with them during the week. Let us know if you would like to be on our monthly children’s church e-mail for home discipleship resources.
Other Fun Children’s Ministry Opportunities Throughout the Year
Below are things that we like to do each year. To find out more about our next upcoming event e-mail Pastor Steve below to get added to our Children’s ministry e-mail and text updates.
- Kids’ Night Out – A fun night at the church for kids PreK to 5th grade to enjoy: a Bible story, games, crafts, and music! Friends are welcome and parents can enjoy a date night!
- Cookies & Carols – Kids and parents decorate cookies, play Christmas themed games, enjoy hot chocolate, and as a group we sing Christmas Carols together.
- Zoo Trip – Family trip to the Franklin or Stone Zoo and a picnic lunch together afterward!
- Bounce House Event – Sometimes we hold this on the field behind our building and have an outdoor picnic, at other times we hang out at Monkey Joe’s in Danvers!
- Family Game Night – Uno, Connect Four, Monopoly, and more! This is a fun night for the whole family at the church. Bring your favorite board game or party game and we provide the snacks!
- Kids’ Week or Sports & Arts Camp – This is our week long summertime event! Kids’ Week is similar to vacation Bible school with crafts and games and is held at the church. Sports & Arts Camp is held at a local elementary school and kids can pick either a sports track or arts track for the duration of the week. Both include fun music, and Bible stories each day.
If you have any questions about our Children’s Ministry please e-mail Pastor Steve: