ABOUT THE MINISTRY
The mission of our student ministry is to glorify God by leading youth to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and by developing youth to be mature disciples of Jesus. Our primary goal is to create opportunities and an environment for students to develop their own faith as well as grow and mature through the work of the Holy Spirit. We intentionally seek to accomplish this by:
- Being a trusted resource to parents in helping them in their calling to be the primary disciplers of their youth
- Meeting the students where they are at through building relationships and benchmarking:
- If they have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior
- Spiritual/earthly/intellectual maturity
- Life circumstances spiritual/earthly
- Gifting’s spiritual/earthly
- Teaching/ modeling Biblical truths/principles/literacy
- Fostering/developing/modeling worship/prayer life
- Teaching/modeling/encouraging/promoting discipleship and kingdom work
- Encouraging critical/independent thinking
Students, both middle school (MS) and high school (HS), gather each week on Friday evenings for youth group (YG)! While we do play games and have fun, the intention of this time is to break down barriers and make students feel welcome and comfortable while at the same time getting to know them. We spend the majority of our time teaching the Bible, in small group discussion/ reflection, worship in song, and prayer. Click on the Email icon below to contact HCC with your questions.
We usually offer weekly Bible study classes on Sunday morning at 9 AM for youth but there will be no Sunday School offered for this Spring 2021 semester.
HS mid-week small group discipleship meets on Tuesday nights from 7:30- 9 PM at HCC in the multifunction room. For the Spring 2021 semester we will be studying J.I. Packer’s “Knowing God”. The class will be co-lead by myself and Elizabeth Harrah who is a member of HCC and has been involved in our church as well as youth program for over 5 years. She has a passion for the Word of God and to disciple and mentor young women.
YOUTH MINISTRY RESOURCES
Click on the below link to check out some of the resources we recommend for our youth and their parents.
Youth Group -Weekly Schedule – Friday’s @ 7 PM
Friday Night Youth Group Schedule:
- Parent Drop Off (MS & HS): 7:00 PM
- Start Time/Game Time (MS & HS): 7:00 PM – 7:40 PM
- Worship in Song (MS & HS): 7:45 PM – 8:00 PM
- Bible Study/Discussion: 8:05 PM – 9:15 PM (MS and HS together)
- Pre Study Questions (get students minds thinking and talking about the content of the Scripture passage) : 8:05 PM – 8:20 PM
- Individual Study (students go through the passage using a Bible study methodology – make observations & ask questions): 8:20 PM – 8:35 PM
- Expository Teaching (passage is taught through while answering students questions along the way): 8:35 PM – 9:05 PM
- Small Groups (~3 per group) Reflection – Discussion/Prayer: 9:05 PM – 9:15 PM
- Parent Pick Up (MS & HS): 9:15 PM
- “Afters” Hangout Time (OPTIONAL both HS & MS): 9:15 PM – 10:15 PM
- During this time our Student Leader team prepares a group activity for our students (sometimes it’s just hanging out and talking, other times we will play a game, and other times we will have an extended time of worship in song or discussion)
- The goal here is to give students a time to get to know one another and build peer to peer relationships
COVID-19 – Youth Group Update/ Procedures
We will be operating at youth group in accordance with the updated church wide policy as of 5/29/21. You can refer to “The Worship Service Registration Page” for the baseline guidelines followed by the church across all events. Although social distancing (along with masks) are optional, there is still plenty of room in the sanctuary to space out if you desire your child to practice social distancing during the worship in song and teaching portions of the program.